Monday, November 12, 2007

Baby gifts...1 down


This is what I made for my friend Cindy & Daniel's baby! I am very pleased with the plane bib.(That's my last bit of that fabric.) The bibs are from Amy Karol's "Bend the Rules Sewing".( you can visit her here http://www.amykarol.com/) I love this book right now. All the projects are quick and simple and fun. BUT, I did have to have James enlarge the patterns 'cause I couldn't figure it out. Thankyou, love!
I drew the frog pattern based strongly on a frog pattern from a library book.
The shower was so nice, and I got to chat with some friends I don't see often! Amazing how my community of friends/acquaintances is so connected.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The frog is great!

Mom

anita said...

These gifts were so adorable! You do awesome work!

Anonymous said...

Love them, so cute!

Anonymous said...

we LOVED your gift. (he still needs to be named) but Carl is definitely happy to have a little buddy. but seriously between the frog and the amazing bibs I just couldn't get over them! the best things about homemade gifts is how personalized they can get: planes, frogs...THANKS!! :)

bags soon to come right? :)

anita said...

julia...i was wondering about the bibs you made...did you sew them right sides together and then turn them inside out? if so, where did you leave the seam opening..on the bottom, side or around the neck? and also..i can't remember what you used to back them with?

Julia said...

Anita...I did sew the bibs right sides together, the opening is on the side. I topstitched around the whole thing so I didn't have to hand sew. They are backed with cotton flannel. try the bib tutorial here... http://nested.typepad.com/blog/2007/07/something-to-ma.html
(copy & paste) sorry it's not a link. It looks like a good one. (found through sew mama sew. well worth a click around)