Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stupid Iron

I have 4 nephews. They are all great little men. I've only made a quilt for one. The other 3 obviously are in dire need of quilts. So, I decided this minth, I will get them done. I would have the first top finished tonight BUT...I burnt up my iron! It will not heat up! I am marching myself directly to Wal*mrt first thing tomorrow to buy a new iron that will heat up. Then, I will finish top#1 and cut the fabric for #2. Both I could do tonight if my dumb iron didn't quit. Poor me.
*The scetch for the red cross quilt is a copy of a lovely flannel quilt seen at Sugar City Journal.Blogspot It is so perfect for my eldest nephew.

5 comments:

Mary said...

You should have called. My iron is lonely sitting in the front closet waiting for some action. I would have run it over to you.

Anonymous said...

i've been waiting for you to use up that fun polka dot material!! those are some lucky boys to have such a nice aunt! :) sewing things is the best for gifts i've decided. you can make it so personal. how fun for those boys to get something that you know they'd love. :)

Anonymous said...

You should have put a Rowenta on your Birthday list.

Anonymous said...

what's a rowenta?? i'm curious! :)

is anonymous your mother?? you're so spoiled you know!

:) but then you always share...so i guess i'm not complaining!

Julia said...

I am spoiled. I learned the sharing from my mom. I'm not very good at it sometimes, though! Rowenta is a very nice brand.