Monday, September 15, 2008

thematic curriculum

(yes, another post!!)

I teach a letter of the week and like to build my themes(pumpkins, dogs...)around the letter AND seasonally. This summer, I took a curriculum development class and LOVED it. My final project was a curriculum for rocks. Fun. Today, I'm pondering the letter Cc. I really want to develop a thematic curriculum for it. BUT...Do I want to teach Clouds or Caterpillars?? There are great books, and activities I can think of for both! If I do one this year, I can do the other next year...But which one is more fun today?

Circle caterpillars with google eyes...butterfly life-cycle...The very Hungry Caterpillar...coffee filter butterflies...

It looked like spilt milk...cotton balls...rain...water cycle...umbrellas...snow...

Hmmmm....(these are the things I ponder) Wanna see some of it when I'm done??

1 comment:

Shawna Marie said...

wow... zeke needs you for his teacher... me.... not so hot. he'll see you next year though!